- Maintain positive and energetic interactions with staff and members. Treat members with dignity and respect at all times, abiding by the Proclamation of Beliefs and Guiding Principles and People First Language.
- Assist and allow members to develop positive self-esteem and sense of self-worth by honoring their right to choose their activities for the session.
- Plan and implement movement, social, and nutrition activities for members. Develop these activities in an age appropriate/ability level and with the ability to be inclusive for all.
- Strive to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
- Assist in any set up of the EPIC room for the start of the day and clean up at the end of the day. Maintain a clean environment/room for members by cleaning tables and chairs between client transitions.
- Assist members as needed during their lunch and snack breaks with any set up or clean up.
- Maintain client safety throughout member session. Bathroom breaks, hand washing, appropriate behavior, walking through the hallways, etc.
- Assist coworkers and members with bus/lunch and other transition times.
- Document member time of arrival, departure, bus tickets, workout, and other notes in Therap at the end of the session. File member documentation for the day when completed.
- Pursue self-development that enhances job performance.
- Recognize and abide by the Federal, State, and DDDS requirements. Not limited to-HIPPA Confidentiality, DDDS requirements-Relias Trainings, Proclamation of Beliefs and Guiding Principles and People First Language.
- Assist executive director, program director, staff and members in other tasks deemed appropriate and necessary.
- Develop and maintain a friendly, professional, and respectful relationship with Y staff and members.
Read, understand, and be prepared to act upon all safety requirements within the program areas.
- Associate degree in Human Services or related field or 2 years’ experience and education in working with individuals with disabilities or,
- Experience in a related health and wellness environment through one-on-one personal training.
- Personal experience using common exercise equipment and performing fundamental movement patterns with and without equipment.
- Experience working with adults with intellectual and physical disabilities.
- Must be able to lift or rerack weights up to 45 pounds.
- Ability to perform all physical aspects of the position; including exercise and equipment demonstrations, walking, standing, bending, reaching, and lifting.
Advance our Mission:
- Change Leadership: Facilitates, co-creates, and implements equitable change for the good of the organization and/or community.
- Engaging Community builds bridges with others in the community to ensure the EPIC’s work is community-focused and welcoming of all, providing community benefit.
- Philanthropy: Secures resources and support to advance the EPIC’s work.
Building Relationships: Collaboration: Creates sustainable relationships within the Y and EPIC programs and with other organizations in service to the community. Communication & Influence: Listens and expresses self effectively and in a way that engages, inspires, and builds commitment to the EPIC’s cause. Inclusion: Values all people for their unique talents and takes an active role in promoting practices that support diversity, inclusion, and global work, as well as cultural competence.
Leading Operations: Critical Thinking & Decision Making: Makes informed decisions based on logic, data, and sound judgment. Fiscal Management: Manages the EPIC’s resources responsibly and sustains the EPIC’s nonprofit business model. Functional Expertise: Executes superior technical skills for the role. Innovation: Creates and implements new and relevant approaches and activities that improve and expand the EPIC’s work and impact in the community. Program/Project Management: Ensures program or project goals are met and intended impact occurs.
Developing & Inspiring People: Developing Self & Others: Develops self and supports others (e.g., staff, volunteers, members, program participants), both formally and informally, to achieve their highest potential. Emotional Maturity: demonstrates ability to understand and manage emotions effectively in all situations.
DISCLAIMER: EPIC reserves the right to change this job description as conditions change